GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Lagoon Trip

Go down

Little Lagoon Trip Empty Little Lagoon Trip

Post  Lagoon Lizard Mon May 04, 2009 10:38 am

Made a trip down to Gulf Shores this weekend with my good friend BB. We stayed on the Little Lagoon and fished there over the past few days. The fishing was not great, but we did manage to catch a few specks and couple flounder and one 22" Red Fish and tons of croakers. We had to work hard for what fish we caught. We did end up with 3 specks around 3 Lbs. One funny rhing we did catch was a inshore Lizard Fish.
We met a guy that had fished the bay and he caught some nice specks....he said it was muddy due to the winds and fishing was slow for them as well...he did a lot better then we did though...he had some nice specks...said he caught them on what his dad said was a green winney...not sure what that is...but said they fished it on a jig head bouncing it on the bottom.
I did get to try my green light and it did bring in more bait fish then did a normal light...we didn't fish but one night on the pier because of the wind. One guy on the pier caught a nice red fish on chicken livers...who would have thought.
Aynway will be back down in a couple weeks to try it again.
We heard from a maintance that he heard the new pier is open....does anyone know?
LL
Lagoon Lizard
Lagoon Lizard
Crankbait

http://www.coultersbeachcondo.com

Back to top Go down