GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastside solo trip

3 posters

Go down

Eastside solo trip Empty Eastside solo trip

Post  Ugly Stick Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Friday I was planning on taking my dad fishing but he was unable to attendent so I had to go by myself. I got on the water around 3:15pm and headed towards the southen end of Daphne. I have never fished that far south of Daphne but I was hoping to find some fish. I get to an area with lots of mullet and pogies and I feel pretty good about the area. The water was green clear and salty. I start off throwing a rattletrap and pick up a 15" trout and get a few more bits. The water I was fishing was borderline to shallow for the rattletrap so I switched to a Mirrodine XL. I begin getting stikes but no hook ups. Then finally connect with a nicer 17" trout. I mix in a little topwater with minimal success so I continue grinding with the mirrodine and I manage 4 more trout a17", 18", 19" and 20". By now they should be hitting topwater... So I switch to my favorite pink skitterwalk and vary my retrive till I find that the slower the better was getting blow ups but no hook ups. I was just about ready to switch to a different color and a big fish rolls on ol pinky.... I pause and then give it 3 real short twitches and then she crashes on it and FISH ON!!!!!!!!! I got a good look at the size of the fish I was guessing 25"-27" Shocked I am on the bow and have to shuffle to the back of the kenner to get to the net. The fish hit only 15' from the boat so I basicly just hold the rod high and tight while I get the net. The fish rolls a couple times and I am a nervious wreck..... I get the net beside me for easy grabbing and go back to fighting the fish then it rolls again beside the boat........ dang its a redfish not a trout. oh well still awesome but not the big ol trout like I originally thought... I wrestled the red to the net and get him in the boat cheers
Perfect tournament red I lay him on the measure board and pinch his tail and only room for a business card between the end of his tail and the 26" mark...... After I calm down from the redfish I decide to stick with pinky for the remaining few minutes of good light. I make a few more casts and get a little slap and I slow it down to the short twitch and then barely making a sound a nice 19" trout slurps pinky in for another good fight. I get a few more blow ups with no hook ups and I leave them biting...... So the new area (new to me) produced well and provided some good eating for us last night..
Ugly Stick
Ugly Stick
Jig Head

Back to top Go down

Eastside solo trip Empty Re: Eastside solo trip

Post  DOA Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:01 pm

Nice Post US. Very Happy
DOA
DOA
Spinnerbait

Back to top Go down

Post  tom wicker Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:25 am

He told that report so well I felt as if I was in the boat with him. Cool "Nice report"
tom wicker
tom wicker
Bait

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down