GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O NO! Night fishing trip 5/8

4 posters

Go down

O NO! Night fishing trip 5/8 Empty O NO! Night fishing trip 5/8

Post  RedfishKiller Fri May 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Well at least I caught a nice buzz. Me and gamefish struck out last night for a highly anticipated night fishing trip around ONO island and Bear Point. The weather was nice, full moon, wind not to bad, not a whole lot of boats on the water. We pulled up the the first spot around Sportsman, threw some sad live shrimp and gamfish hooks up with a very nice redfish on the second or third cast. Looking good...... well after feeding shrimp to a plethera of hard heads and baby croakers, and baby white trout we got board and moved on. Next two or three spots....dead. Well not dead, I hooked up with the biggest Skipjack I have ever caught, never at night. It fought like a ton of bricks but turned out Evil or Very Mad
Finally made a run around to ol river, careful of the skinny water, hit the first good light we saw and started again with the same little crap. After catching a pair of eyeglasses, I finally hooked up with a nice speck. gamefish got another good one but played with him to long while I scrambled for the net and lost it. Then the bite just died, except for the big sailcat gamefish decided to catch. Moved on down and the same small crap Evil or Very Mad In all I had a great time, and this is just the beginning of long summer of nite fishing

O NO! Night fishing trip 5/8 P5070010

O NO! Night fishing trip 5/8 P5070013
RedfishKiller
RedfishKiller
Spinnerbait

Back to top Go down

O NO! Night fishing trip 5/8 Empty Re: O NO! Night fishing trip 5/8

Post  Captain Ahab Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 pm

Nice pics. What a Face
Captain Ahab
Captain Ahab
Bait

Back to top Go down

Post  gulfcoastgamefish Fri May 08, 2009 7:45 pm

I don't know what in the he77 Redfish Killer did to that trout but it bled all over the place. I thought it was a mackerel for a minute. Watching that skipjack flip around was pretty good stuff and a couple of those big hardheads fought real good. It was nice to be out there, the weather was awesome! afro
gulfcoastgamefish
gulfcoastgamefish
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  hollywood Fri May 08, 2009 11:53 pm

nice fish there gamer,hope to have a report up here 2morrow

hollywood
Hook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content