GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Fishing Suggestions Empty Fishing Suggestions

Post  Steve Tucker Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:55 am

I'm planning a trip to Gulf Shores / Orange Beach in late June. What type fish will typically be biting then? I will be limited to fishing from beach, piers, and seawalls. I have caught flounder and pompano from the beach a few years ago using live sand fleas and dead shrimp. Is artificial bait really as good as they advertise it to be now? Thanks for any info.

Steve Tucker
Hook

Back to top Go down

Fishing Suggestions Empty Re: Fishing Suggestions

Post  hollywood Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 pm

I believe the new pier will be ready by then in gulf shores if so it will be a great place for spanish,kings pompano, hell may be good for alot of other species.someone will let you know about the pier being open, when it gets closer to june repost and we will give you the skinny.

hollywood
Hook

Back to top Go down

Post  gulfcoastgamefish Sat May 02, 2009 12:47 am

Thanks for chiming in, Hollywood. Ya'll slay 'em tomorrow.

afro
gulfcoastgamefish
gulfcoastgamefish
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Tucker Sat May 02, 2009 3:12 pm

hollywood wrote:I believe the new pier will be ready by then in gulf shores if so it will be a great place for spanish,kings pompano, hell may be good for alot of other species.someone will let you know about the pier being open, when it gets closer to june repost and we will give you the skinny.
Thanks for the reply. I sure hope the pier is open by June, had pretty good luck cathcing flounder off the old pier, but that was several years ago.

Steve Tucker
Hook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down