GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vacation In Gulf Shores

2 posters

Go down

Vacation In Gulf Shores Empty Vacation In Gulf Shores

Post  Lagoon Lizard Thu May 28, 2009 3:36 pm

I got back Monday from a week down at the beach...we were just passed the pass. The wind blew like crazy so I did not to get to fish the lagoon much and went to the beach....The waves were rough a couple days and we had to go to 6oz weights to even be able to fish at all.
We had a great time and caught several blue's and my buddy BB caught a 35" red in the surf. I caught a ray that probably weighed 30 -40 pounds....that was a fun fight. We used cut bait..(lady fish we caught) for bait. We had 5 fish break us off...using 25Lb test and steel leaders. We nearly lost one rod...as a fish hit with such force it pulled the sand spike out and the rod was headed into the water.....had to run and grabbed it just in time...lol
Fishing seemed to be better in the evenings....we know of one other guy down the beach that got a nice red and 2 sharks.... late seemed better.... we even fshed until 10:30 a couple nights.
The 2 big reds were caught at night.
Good luck Fishing...I tried to post pictures but having problem with it
LL
Lagoon Lizard
Lagoon Lizard
Crankbait

http://www.coultersbeachcondo.com

Back to top Go down

Vacation In Gulf Shores Empty Re: Vacation In Gulf Shores

Post  gulfcoastgamefish Thu May 28, 2009 10:17 pm

sorry we didn't get to meet up. The wind last week was awful. No good for fishing. I did get out there last Thursday afternoon but wasn't much to be had. Seems the action in the lagoon is in the am. Sounds like you made the best of it. There were people catching nice size specks in Lagoon Pass at night last week. Apparently, that new moon spring tide had 'em wound up at night. afro
gulfcoastgamefish
gulfcoastgamefish
Captain

Back to top Go down