GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6-12 Grand Lagoon

2 posters

Go down

6-12 Grand Lagoon Empty 6-12 Grand Lagoon

Post  Nickcan Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:07 pm

My five year old decided he wanted to 'climb a mountain' that afternoon and the only 'mountains' I could think of nearby were the dunes at Johnson Beach or the Island at Ft Pickens. So the wife, 5 year old boy, and 7 week old girl went; I slighly put a couple rods in the boat.
Yeah, yeah, we climed a mountain; NOW CAN WE FISH?!

I got the boy interested with a nice slot red, caught over in the grass. I was wading about knee deep. He was netting minnows, or trying at least. I told him to quit chasing minnows and "com'ere! Net this!" He got him after about 6 tries... what good family fun!

I then pushed off the bank and let the W wind push us across the flats. It was a great drift!
About 30 min's worth. I caught one nice spec but the kicker was my son, with his own pole (5th birthday present),on his own cast, caught his first spec!

What a great day on the water!!!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/93/28/77/img00211.jpg

And learned how to get him swimming again and let him go on to fight another day!
Nickcan
Nickcan
Jig Head

Back to top Go down

6-12 Grand Lagoon Empty Re: 6-12 Grand Lagoon

Post  gulfcoastgamefish Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Awesome. I can't wait for the day when the Game Minnow catches her first fish, whatever it is. Great post. afro
gulfcoastgamefish
gulfcoastgamefish
Captain

Back to top Go down

6-12 Grand Lagoon Empty First Fish

Post  Nickcan Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:55 pm

In my avatar, he is actually holding his first fish, and one that I caught. That was a good story too, but it seemed like it was irrelevant since so much time had passed.

I gave him an open faced spinning rod, like Dad's, the night before he turned 5 (May 6) and took him off the N side of Ono for a look around. We were out for about and hour and each of us caught a white trout.

He was getting discouraged and I asked him to show me how to cast 'one more time' and I knew when he let go of it that it was 'the one'. His 3" Gulp! landed about 6" shy of the dock, just below the light. He started reeling, while I was still celebrating the cast and I said, "Wait! let it sink..." He paused for a second and there was a tug on the line. His instincts were perfect; he gave him a little rod tip pull and then he 'zigged fast'. This what his imaginary friend told him to do when he got one was 'Zig fast'. I don't know where he really got it, but who cares. We high-fived about 25 times and went to the house!

I hate to sound sappy, but boy was I proud!

check out the white-knuckle grip he's got on that puppy!
https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/93/28/77/img00113.jpg

(Hey man, can you send me instructions on how to - or is there a way to - insert a pic without having to 'host it' or use the link???)

THANKS
Nickcan
Nickcan
Jig Head

Back to top Go down

Post  gulfcoastgamefish Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:42 pm

the only way I know to post a pic is to use the host image button(directly above). Not sure why they do it this way, but they do.
gulfcoastgamefish
gulfcoastgamefish
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down