GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5-23 Bone Seacure Nightslam

3 posters

Go down

5-23 Bone Seacure Nightslam Empty 5-23 Bone Seacure Nightslam

Post  Nickcan Mon May 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Well, the fam was in town and my stump-knockin' step-brother was fiendin' for some saltwater action. We poked our head out on the N side of Ono between storms on 5-22 and had an hour and a half gap that resulted in some 'hold onto what you got' chop, even while anchored. We caught a huge sailcat, 3 small white trout, and then while he was reelin' in a big-a$$ed stingray, the drops started falling. All in all lucky to have gotten out and gotten in while still reasonably dry.

Killer invited the two of us out on his end the next night and the weather happened to cooperate. We got on the water about 9:30pm and scooted toward Plash Island, hit the cut thru and went up the ICW (Bay was still a little bumpy). My little bro boated the first fish and made his whole vacation. I had the skunk on me 'til last, but cured it after we used all the cheaters (live bait). The pics'll show you what and in what order, but we caught some respectable specs, a couple of slot reds, and 'Say What?!' - affraid Killer landed a real good FLOUNDER on the way back in...

- 3 specs, 1 red on live shrimp - 1 spec, 1 red, and 1 flounder on Gulp 3" pogey (pearl)

What a great night on the water! Thanks Killer...

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/93/28/77/img00111.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/93/28/77/img00112.jpg

not sure on posting pics - maybe this'll werk...
Nickcan
Nickcan
Jig Head

Back to top Go down

5-23 Bone Seacure Nightslam Empty Re: 5-23 Bone Seacure Nightslam

Post  RedfishKiller Mon May 25, 2009 5:43 pm

it was my pleasure! I had a blast, it took me an hour to clean out all the blue tops from the boat. We must have caught a dozen small trout, croaker and pins. The water was moving well. Nickcan's brother was no novice, he has some skills. Good time had by all. In bed by 3am. We'll hit it again soon.
btw the links to pics worked great.
Killer
RedfishKiller
RedfishKiller
Spinnerbait

Back to top Go down

5-23 Bone Seacure Nightslam Empty Re: 5-23 Bone Seacure Nightslam

Post  gulfcoastgamefish Sun May 31, 2009 10:51 am

Awesome slam, what a flat fish afro
gulfcoastgamefish
gulfcoastgamefish
Captain