GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater

3 posters

Go down

Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater Empty Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater

Post  Lagoon Lizard Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:53 pm

You are seeing more and more saltwater fishing tournaments on TV.
The fisherman make every effort to bring their catch to the scales alive, especially because of the $ on the line. Many of these tournament fisherman have started using oxygen infussion systems in their live wells to help keep their catch alive. Even some boat manufactures are putting oxygen generators in their new boats.
I am not a tournament fisherman, but became interested in this because when I buy large amounts of live bait, I needed something to help keep my bait alive during hot weather.
Saltwater is not able to hold as much difussed oxygen as fresh water and as the temperatures rise it becomes more of a problem. When it gets real hot in the summer a normal areation system simply can not supply enough oxygen in saltwater to do much good for the fish or bait, so adding infused oxygen is good....but using an oxygen generator in saltwater causes a problem most people are not aware of.
The problem is that chlorine is produced by the oxygen generator when used in saltwater. Chlorine and fish are not good partners. Think about this ....a saltwater pool system uses a generator and salt to produce chlorine, same thing is happening.
There is a product I ran across called U2, that has anti-chlor built in it, and it allows the oxygen generator to work without having the harmful effects of the chlorine. The U2 is used by companies and states who transport fish from location to location. It works great...on fish and live bait.

I added an oxygen generator to my bait tank and by adding oxygen now with the addition of the U2 it helps keep bait alive for days. Before using the U2 my bait was still dyeing.
Adding oxygen is like putting your bait on steriods....same thing as bringing a football player to the sidelines and putting an oxygen mask on him....it gives them a boost.

Just thought I would pass this on
Lagoon Lizard
Lagoon Lizard
Crankbait

http://www.coultersbeachcondo.com

Back to top Go down

Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater Empty O2 in baitwell

Post  gulfcoastgamefish Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks LL,

I am sure everyone will find this helpful with summer on the way. Waiting for you to get down here. Let's go fishing.

Game Fish
gulfcoastgamefish
gulfcoastgamefish
Captain

Back to top Go down

Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater Empty Re: Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater

Post  big-al1957 Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Where did you get this system at ? I'm interested, have a hard time keeping my bait alive and well also !! And I love live bait, spend a lot of time and money catching it just to see it dye out half wat through a good fishing day. Let me know .Alan Neutral
big-al1957
big-al1957
Hook

Back to top Go down

Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater Empty The system is called Oxygenator

Post  Lagoon Lizard Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:01 am

http://www.keepfishalive.com/

Products
Pro Livewell Flush Mount The Portable Oxygenator
U2 Pro Formula | Fresh Water
U2 Pro Formula | Salt Water
Salt Water Package
Information
About Oxygenator
Oxygenation vs. Aeration
FAQ
Salt Water Information
Field Staff
Purchase
FAQ
Testimonials
Dealer Info
Contact Us

THE OXYGENATOR™ Pro Livewell Flush Mount (3 year warranty)

The OXYGENATOR™ Pro Livewell Flush Mount will retrofit any boat with a livewell from 10 to 30 gallons and operates off the existing boat battery.

$149.95 plus $10 shipping and handling.

Installation Instructions:

< Click the Pro Livewell Flush Mount Video Installallation Instructions on left or Click the PDF icon below to download
a PDF file.

Download Installation Instructions >

Dealer Login Copyright © 2009 O2 Marine Technologies | Contact Us | SiteDesign by: AldoDesign

Click here to close
Lagoon Lizard
Lagoon Lizard
Crankbait

http://www.coultersbeachcondo.com

Back to top Go down

Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater Empty Re: Oxygen In Live Well - Saltwater

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down