GulfCoastGameFish.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008

4 posters

Go down

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Empty Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008

Post  gulfcoastgamefish Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:46 am

When the mercury really drops for the first time something apparently drives the specks absolutely nuts. Gulf Coast Game Fish had the pleasure of getting out with the guys of Team DOAUglyWood. If you fish any of the AFCA events or frequent the AFCA forum you are familiar with these guys. They know how to catch fish.

Me and Ugly Stik hit the water about 7:30 am. It wasn't very long before healthy trout were crushing Ugly Stik's topwater. We had promised a friend a few fish, and after tossing a few in the box fairly quickly, we turned up the heat.

Game Fish got a quick double:

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Trout_10

Ugly Stik quickly responded with a 21 incher:

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Patric10

Not that we were getting tired of catching specks, we were having a blast, but we wanted to find a redfish, BAM!, a 6lb plus slot fish:

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Gamefi10

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Slot_r10

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Redfis11

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Redfis12

Very soon after, four rods bowed up and Game Fish and Ugly Stik pulled off the four-fer, the elusive double-double:

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Do_not10Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Do_not11

Back to the drink for the next trip (great shot by Ugly Stik, one fish took off immediately, the other stalled and then swam away):

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Double10

At this point, Hollywood calls us from the ramp for a pick-up, and with him on board and back to the trout lands, Ugly Stik lands another nice fish:

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Ugly_s10

Hollywood found this greedy fish with 5 shrimp in its mouth:

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Hollyw10

To really round things off, Ugly Stik hauled in a nice little green trout:

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Ugly_s14

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Ugly_s15

Ugly Stik did catch a 5lb plus fish, but we didn't get the pic, we did get him with this 4lb plus:

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Ugly_s13

Then we really got into 'em. As five boats watched and caught very few fish the three of us put on a display that made grown men question their own abilities. At one point we could hear one boat ask another "What are those boys using?" the reply "I don't know but they catch em every time they throw it!" If anyone who was there is reading this, yes we probably showed our a$$ a little, but we couldn't contain our excitement. Unfortunately we had no time to capture any photos during this fury, as hooks and specks were flying everywhere, but a conservative estimate during this run was 35-40 fish (we all caught at least a dozen) in a little under a half hour.

After sending a pic to DOA via cell phone, he succumbed to temptation and we picked him up a the ramp and he and Ugly Stik doubled up (DOA did catch some bigger fish):

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Doa_ug10

We fished until sunset and headed to the ramp. We guesstimated our catch count easily over the century mark, probably around 120. Best day fishing of my life. Thanks to Ugly Stik for the boat and the pizza, thanks to Hollywood and DOA for the company, and thanks to all the fishermen out there practicing conservative fishing habits which make days like these possible. Out of all the fish we caught, I think we kept six specks for our friend (two of which were kept only because of injury) and three or four white trout. And to the red boat that returned to the water after unloading his limit at the ramp, Karma's a bee-atch!

Peace Out! afro
gulfcoastgamefish
gulfcoastgamefish
Captain

Back to top Go down

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Empty Re: Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008

Post  DOA Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:33 pm

You guys had a blast fo sho. Hate i missed most of the day but it sure was fun for the couple of hours I was out there. Very Happy Very Happy
We are going to have to hit Shelby sometime Gulf Coast Game Fish!!!!!!
DOA
DOA
Spinnerbait

Back to top Go down

Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008 Empty Re: Gulf Coast Game Fish, Ugly Stik, Hollywood, DOA crush delta specks 10-29-2008

Post  Ugly Stick Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:43 am

I had an awsome time glad you were able to go get on some fine fall fishing. Very Happy
Ugly Stick
Ugly Stick
Jig Head

Back to top Go down

Post  hollywood Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:49 pm

definetly enjoyed it guys been awhile since I really layed the smackdown on some fish,could not ask for better company. I'm tha B in tha BBB.

hollywood
Hook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down